An interlocking suspended refractory system for covers and curtains for glass furnaces.
– The Modu-Lok brick allows construction of independent flat suspended waist covers and curtains, crutch arches and tweels.
– Simple, accurate installation, at times using as little as one parent shape.
– Double-and triple-pass support beams are water-cooled to ensure structural integrity.
– Merkle’s position of independence from various manufacturers allows flexibility in the selection of refractory material.
– Refractory materials such as mullite, bonded AZS, high alumina and silica have been used.
– Two different refractory materials have been used in the same cover.
– Each brick contains 12 mm (1/2″) interlocking tread for added stability.
– Flexible design allows for waist coolers as well as horizontal and/or vertical stirrers in the same waist area.